Basic English. Parts of Speech. Adjectives
What are adjectives?
An adjective is one of the eight major parts of speech.
Adjectives modify nouns or pronouns by describing or limiting them.
Adjectives provide information about the quality and number of nouns or pronouns.
There is no plural form for adjectives. The same adjective form is used for both singular and plural nouns.
This section covers the following topics:
- Types of adjectives
- Descriptive adjectives
- Limiting adjectives and determiners
- Number words: cardinal numbers
- Number words: ordinal numbers
- Demonstrative adjectives
- Interrogative adjectives
- Possessive adjectives
- Proper adjectives
- Comparative forms of adjectives
- Position of adjectives: Predicate Adjectives and Appositive Adjectives
- Sequence for multiple adjectives